Saturday, September 27, 2008

Peer pressure

Scene: Thursday afternoon, in the hallway at work. Hindude, another iPhone user and I are trying to persuade my friend Britt to buy an iPhone. She played with mine earlier in the week and fell in love.

iPhone Friend: Britt, when are you getting your iPhone?
Me: Yeah, Britt, when?
Britt: Shut up you guys!
iPhone Friend: What's the matter? Don't you want to be cool like us?
Me: Yeah, everybody's doing it...
(HD just laughs in the background)
Britt: I have this little thing called property taxes...
iPhone Friend: Awww, that's no fun.
Me (note, not a homeowner): Property taxes, schmoperty taxes.
Britt: How much are they?
iPhone Friend: Are you on AT&T?
Britt: Yeah...
Me: $199 for the 8GB, $299 for the 16GB
Britt: Are you serious? I sneeze $200 every time I go to Safeway!

Our work here is done... pushers, you could learn something from me.

No comments: