We got out of the house a bit later than expected this morning. The thrill of still being in pajamas at 10:30 on a Wednesday was just too much for us. So, we didn't make it to the gardens I posted yesterday. Instead, we went to St. Helena.
- Ahi tuna burger and sweet potato fries at the original Taylor's Refresher nom nom nom (top picture).
- Dean and Deluca and ogled the produce (TWSS)
- Proposed - and then immediately abandoned the idea of - a photography contest at V. Sattui Vineyards (I think HD was scared, frankly, of the masterful way I create sheer art with my Kodak Easyshare from 5 years ago; also, winery in 2nd picture)
- Olive oil tasting at St. Helena Olive Oil
- Accidental discovery of the Greystone Culinary Institute of America, where I found some hi-larious winemaking artifacts just right there, on display, where there's no going back (3rd and 4th pictures)
- Drive along Spring Mountain Road, where HD decided he was suddenly an expert in growing wine grapes ("This wine must suck, the vines don't get any sun.")
- Dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Barefoot Cafe in Fairfax