Saturday, April 23, 2011

Before I even knew myself

New friends bring new perspective. You don't know what you don't know until a new person in your life tells you about their experiences. New people become old friends faster than you realize.

But I'm so equally thankful for the old friends, the people who knew me before I even knew myself. The people who have watched my adamant declarations of like and dislike, of love and hate, and nod along when those preferences switch completely.

I used to think it was easier to evolve into who you really are when there weren't people around who knew the old you. But recently I've realized that those people accepted who I am now long before I decided to become that person. They loved me for who I am today when I couldn't even imagine who that was going to be.

Old friends are magical.

1 comment:

Sara said...

One is silver and the other gold :)