Saturday, January 17, 2009

New and Cold



The end of this week has been emotionally draining to monumental proportions*, so after work Thursday I drove to my favorite flower shop and had them make me a bouquet. Isn't it weird and pretty? I felt bad for the corkscrewy ones on the sides, so I told the florist I wanted them.

It is absolutely bloody freezing outside. Well, ok, it is freezing outside, but I don't want to get into a pissing match with North Dakota, so I'll downgrade that to "really cold". That's ice on the roofs of the houses and cars outside my living room windows. The steps are icy off the deck.

Anyway, I'll probably have more later.

*That article is a little sensationalistic; Carol Bartz wasn't "poached" by Yahoo!, she hasn't been our CEO for almost 2 years now. And I think she's only going to do good things over there.

No comments: